Gain Awareness with a Cultural Programme
Deafness Awareness Training (DAT) is designed to increase awareness about deafness. It can cover a range of issues such as:
- Interacting with Deaf People
- Employment issues and adjustments for Deaf employees
- Auslan – what is it and basic introduction to Auslan
- Strategies to enhance inclusion and communication with people who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
- Assistive technology and how it can be adapted to suit a range of needs
- Access to media & online content through captioning
DAT is not limited to these areas and can be designed to suit a range of needs including the workplace and professional situations such as access to services and communication with Deaf, customers, participants or clients.
Some DAT for the workplace can be funded through the Federal Governments Employment Assistance Fund. (EAF) For more information click here.
Register your Interest
To discuss your DAT requirements, reach out to us via the form on ths page and we will get back to you with further information around up coming training and more.